Collaboration of research and development is tailored to meet a company's individual requirements. It may consist of anything from a day of consultancy to a major international collaborative partnership.
The School of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science has years of experience and a sound track record of collaboration with industry. Our Schools are highly rated in national and international evaluation exercises.
Graduates of the School are well recognised for their ability to fit into an industrial or business environment.
We have a strong ability to manage and facilitate interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary work. We have clear management structures in place to facilitate this work to meet the needs facing industry today.
We can help your business to:
- Work closely with academic staff to build a relevant and comprehensive portfolio of research activity
- Bring together the exact mix of research and expertise needed to meet your company's specific development needs
- Identify, protect and exploit intellectual property
- Assess the commercial viability of knowledge
- Balance commercial needs with academic publication
We can also advise on a wide range of public funding mechanisms for pre-emptive research collaborations between industry and academia, and assist with day-today details such as finance and administration. Our University staff are well trained, with experience in contract and project management.
Other forms of collaboration:
- Sponsorship of undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Funding long term research projects
- Commercialisation of research output