Advanced Chemical Engineering MSc
View tabbed content | View all content (for printing)
Degree awarded: MSc
Duration: MSc FT- 12 months
A 2(i) (upper second class honours) first degree in Chemical Engineering or a closely related engineering discipline, or equivalent qualifications/experience. Applicants with a 2(ii) will be considered and are welcome to apply.
Contact telephone: +44(0)161 306 4149
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
Modern chemical engineering is a vast subject extending far beyond its traditional roots in oil and gas processing. As well as dealing with chemical reactors, distillation and the numerous processes that take place in a chemical or petrochemical plant, there is an increasing need for chemical engineers able to design and develop formulated products and to have knowledge of biotechnology and environmental issues.
- If you already have a first degree in chemical engineering you can study the discipline in greater depth as well as learning about broader issues through the choice of elective subjects.
- If you are already working in industry or are planning to work in a particular area, then this course can be tailored to focus on issues related to those of direct concern to you.
Who will benefit from the course?
- Those who already have a background in chemical engineering but who wish to obtain a higher level qualification from a top-ranking British university.
- Those who wish to enhance their career prospects in a chemical industry.
What are the benefits to students?
- Our graduates get great jobs and chemical engineers are the highest paid professionals in the engineering field
- Courses are designed to meet the needs of employers and you develop many skills for a successful career - design, problem solving, numeracy, analysis, communication and teamwork
- The University of Manchester has an excellent international reputation and a qualification from us will significantly increase your chances of getting a job anywhere in the world
- Specialist subjects are all taught by experts in the field
- Entry requirements are flexible - relevant experience is considered alongside your formal qualifications
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2018, the tuition fees are as follows:
- MSc (full-time)
UK/EU students (per annum): £10,500
International students (per annum): £23,500
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.