Interested in Science and Engineering but not sure what to study?
UK based applicants are expected to attend a UCAS Visit Day held between November to April each year. The Visit Day provides you with the opportunity to meet staff and students, tour the campus and facilities, see where you might live and generally find out more about studying here.
All applicants through UCAS will be invited to an interview day. These events are carefully timetabled and include a scheduled individual interview with a member of academic staff that will help us assess your suitability for the course to which you have applied as well as giving you the opportunity to learn more about the course and the school.
For more details please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Team at email@example.com.
The timetable for the Chemical Engineering Open Day will include the following:
- Informal meeting with admissions staff
- Welcome: A brief introduction to Manchester and The University
- Introduction: The benefits of chemical engineering as a degree choice and studying at The University of Manchester
- Student's Perspective: A current undergraduate student will give you an honest opinion about life in Manchester and opportunities at The University of Manchester
- Course Details: Information about the admissions process and the flexible course structure
- Lunch and Tour of Campus: Lunch with current undergraduate students followed by a tour of the campus including typical student accommodation. Staff will not be present giving you a chance to ask the current students informal questions.
- Tour of School: A tour of the department including the teaching laboratories, pilot plant and other facilities.
- Interview: An interview with a member of academic staff. The interview gives you the chance to ask any particular questions you may have.
The University of Manchester welcomes you on Open Days, where you can find out about all undergraduate courses offered at The University and what student life in Manchester is like. Our next Open Days are 23rd and 24th June.
At each Open Day you will have the opportunity to visit subject areas of interest, meet current undergraduate students and staff, tour the campus and facilities, and gather information on all aspects of the University.
To find out when the next University Open Days are and to book places, see the University Open Days web page.
Guided tours of the campus also take place every Wednesday afternoon, further details click on the following link: Guided Tours
Did you know?The School of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science is offering an entrance scholarship of £1,000 to Home applicants who achieve at least A*A*A* from the A-levels making up our offer
How to find us
View maps, travel and accommodation guides